Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone4 can't connect to iCloud

I wanted to use my old iPhone 4 (iOS 7.2) and it just won't let me connect to my iCloud. I keep receiving txt on my other iOs devices that my iCloud account wants to be accessed by another device, and even get a security code, but stupid old iPhone 4 doesn't let me put in this security code.

Anyone has any suggestions? txs

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 12, 2017 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2017 12:51 AM

Hello pitt2kite,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to connect your iCloud account to your iPhone 4. This could be because you're using two-factor authentication to protect your Apple ID, which isn't compatible with iOS 7 running on your iPhone 4. To be able to access your iCloud account on your iPhone, please switch to two step verification which is supported in iOS 7.

System requirements for iCloud
Two-step verification for Apple ID

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2017 12:51 AM in response to pitt2kite

Hello pitt2kite,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to connect your iCloud account to your iPhone 4. This could be because you're using two-factor authentication to protect your Apple ID, which isn't compatible with iOS 7 running on your iPhone 4. To be able to access your iCloud account on your iPhone, please switch to two step verification which is supported in iOS 7.

System requirements for iCloud
Two-step verification for Apple ID

Cheers!

iphone4 can't connect to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.