Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Genius Bar Support

Has anybody else had this problem? I too my mac book to the Genius bar for diagnosis, I was kept waiting half an hour, after I inquired as to what was happening a guy showed up and when I started explaining the problem he told me to be quick as he only had 15 minutes. He then said he needed to take it in the back. He came back with pictures and said it was water and food damaged the boards were fried and it was useless but he could recommend a data recovery firm

I took it home and took the back off, guess what not a bit like the pictures!! I took it to an authorized Apple repair store, problem bad hard drive, replaced works fine. Are they just trying to sell new hardware??

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 13, 2017 2:49 PM

2 replies

May 13, 2017 4:17 PM in response to VBMW

I don't know if they have unethical people in the Genius bar, they seem pretty straight to me. However, I did have a pretty unpleasant experience with them recently. I showed up an hour earlier than the appointment, just to shop around at the store. I asked them to check me in so at least the scheduling knows. The guy refused stating that they don't check in more than 10 minutes before the appointment. I am pretty sure he made that up on the spot.

It is understandable that Apple products are popular service stores are super busy. But this level of rudeness and unfriendliness to customer is so unlike Apple.

May 13, 2017 4:52 PM in response to VBMW

I don't have an answer for you re. your problem; however, FYI, Genius Bar appointments are always 15 minutes for Macs and 10 minutes for iDevices. And they are usually booked all day so they can't run over the allowed period too much or a later appointment would be an hour late or something like it.

I find it difficult that a Genius would actually do this, but I would have asked for copies of the pics he took and then I would have gotten some proof from the repair place. I would then take both back to the store and politely ask for the manager.

Apple Genius Bar Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.