Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tty software in Canada?

When is Canadian iPhones gonna have the tty software?

Posted on May 14, 2017 12:56 PM

9 replies

May 14, 2017 5:33 PM in response to Cyndie52

I suspect you may want to check with your carrier and see what support they have for TTY on their cellular network. It may be they don't have any support for mobile TTY. In many areas it is necessary to have a base station type TTY instrument, but I've also seen here in the US, where much of that has become obsolete, especially for emergency services.

May 14, 2017 6:36 PM in response to Cyndie52

So you are saying that if you go to Settings>General>Accessibility> and then look under Hearing, you do not see TTY? I know that cellular carrier files have the ability to restrict certain functions from the phone. If I go there with my US phone, I can see Software TTY, and Hardware TTY. I can turn that off/on. Under Software TTY, there is an explanation about using software from the phone app. I'm guessing I don't see anything in the Phone app since I don't have it turned on.

Tty software in Canada?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.