Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone ghost touch

Any fix to this irritating ghost touch and screen sensitibility latency???

Posted on May 15, 2017 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2017 7:27 PM

Okay, these steps are for a similar problem, but I would still suggest trying them.

Check your touchscreen

Make sure that your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart it, you can force restart your device.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2017 7:27 PM in response to Chrissy71

Okay, these steps are for a similar problem, but I would still suggest trying them.

Check your touchscreen

Make sure that your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart it, you can force restart your device.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Jun 6, 2017 7:51 AM in response to Gus

I'm having the same issue with my iphone 5. Suddenly happened while using it. was not plugged into the charger or anything. And i used only the original charger and cable that came with the phone.

i tried resetting to factory default and it still happens. Tried lock and unlock when it happens but does not help. makes it own phone calls and I couldn't even type a simple text message as it just types ramdomly without end.

Very fustrating. I'm quite disappointed with the quality of the new iphone as i'm still using the very first generation iphone up til now for my other line. Never had a problem with ghost touching ever. Even if i had dropped it a few times Never had a problem with it. I've seen so many discussions about ghost touching on iphone 5, 5s, 6, 6s, and even on ipads. Maybe it's time apple should do something about this?

Jun 12, 2017 7:19 AM in response to Gus

Just an update regarding ghost touching issue on my iphone 5. I tried updating to the latest 10.3.2 software and it helped. Ghost touching is gone but sometimes screen is unresponsive after clicking once (example: either by typing a letter, punching a number in the calculator, scrolling on instagram). I have to lock and unlock the phone and everything goes to normal again. If i do not perform the lock unlock then the touch screen will not respond anymore even when tapping repeatedly.

I did the software update after restoring to factory default. Now i'm afraid if i restore my backup from itunes the ghost touching might come back.

Jun 12, 2017 12:48 PM in response to DJTiu

Okay, it is always worth a try to restore from a backup. Updating and restoring are good troubleshooting steps.

It sounds like (but I'm not 100% sure) that it may be a hardware problem with the screen. If you restore from a backup, and the problem still persist, then it is likely a hardware problem.

Iphone ghost touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.