Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update not available for this Apple ID

"This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."
This is the message I get when I try to install updates on my MacBook Pro. The only thing I've done since my last update was to upgrade my OS to Sierra 10.12.4.

I found another thread from 2014 with this same issue:

Re: his update is not available for this Apple ID

In this thread it sounded like Apple knew about it and was looking into it.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on May 15, 2017 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2017 1:49 PM

Hi zmss56!

I understand that you're unable to install some updates on your MacBook Pro, and I'm happy to help. This error can occur when a different Apple ID than the one you're using now was used for purchasing the app originally. You can try installing updates individually to determine which app was purchased using a different Apple ID. You could also view your purchase history in the App Store to help determine which apps do not belong to your Apple ID.

How to reinstall apps purchased from the Mac App Store

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2017 1:49 PM in response to zmss56

Hi zmss56!

I understand that you're unable to install some updates on your MacBook Pro, and I'm happy to help. This error can occur when a different Apple ID than the one you're using now was used for purchasing the app originally. You can try installing updates individually to determine which app was purchased using a different Apple ID. You could also view your purchase history in the App Store to help determine which apps do not belong to your Apple ID.

How to reinstall apps purchased from the Mac App Store

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Update not available for this Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.