Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos: How do you reorder photo book pages?

I am trying to create a photo book from quite a lot of photos I took while on holiday last year.

This sounds like the most basic/easy thing in the world. But, I'm having trouble re-arranging photo pages; I can't seem to be able to do it no matter what I select!

I want to order my book by the the locations we visited and now i've found some extra photos I missed along the way, I want to be able insert inbetween other already placed photos...

The last time I created a photo book was back in the iPhoto days and i'm sure you could reorder the pages then... I'm starting to tear my hair out! 😠

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm using Photos: Version 2.0 (3150.4.120) & Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on May 16, 2017 9:22 AM

9 replies

May 16, 2017 9:30 AM in response to m0ng

You can arrange the pages in Photos as well. You just have to reveal the handle, the page button, to be able to drag them around.

https://help.apple.com/photos/mac/1.2/?lang=en#/pht6e15c151

User uploaded file

Move a page in a book: Position the pointer over a page number until the page button appears, then drag the page button to move the page to a new location. You can also select a page and then drag the page button.

May 16, 2017 11:29 AM in response to m0ng

I just created a 100 page book with the Modern Lines theme and can move any numbered page at will:

User uploaded file

So there's nothing for Apple to do as it does what you want.

Run 2 tests:

1 - select a large number of photos and create a new book. Make sure you have enough photos selected to fill the 100 page limit of the book. Now try to change move pages around. Is the problem still there?

2 - As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import enough photos to fill a 100 page book, create the book and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

User uploaded file

May 16, 2017 9:38 AM in response to m0ng

I had 100 pages (the limit apparently) and because of this it wasn't letting me rearrange anything. Perhaps this is a bug, rather than expected behaviour.

That is surprising. The 100 pages limit should not stop you from rearranging pages, just not allow you to add more pages.

You may want to send a bug report. At least, Photos should give a warning, that you need to delete a page, before you can rearrange pages. You can use the feedback form to report a bug: https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

May 16, 2017 9:33 AM in response to léonie

I now feel really stupid. Why oh WHY is it always *after* you post a whiny cry for help on help forums that you work the problem out! 😢

I had 100 pages (the limit apparently) and because of this it wasn't letting me rearrange anything. Perhaps this is a bug, rather than expected behaviour.

Thank you for your help Léonie 🙂

Photos: How do you reorder photo book pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.