Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant get whatsapp notifications on my apple watch seires 1 42mm only when the watch is on while when the watch is locked no whatsapp notifications appear In any ways this notification already appears on my iphone

Whatsapp apple watch notification issue

Posted on May 16, 2017 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2017 4:16 PM

Hi

How notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, you will receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch screen is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notifications on your watch.
  • If your watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If notifications are not being delivered to your Apple Watch as expected, then it may help to follow these steps:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Install any available update for WhatsApp Messenger:

• On your iPhone, open the App Store app > Updates (tab).

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp Messenger:

• Check that Allow Notifications is enabled.
  • Check that Show in Notification Centre is enabled.
  • Check that Show on Lock Screen is enabled.
  • If desired, also enable Sounds and Badge App Icon.

With those settings enabled, to configure your Apple Watch to mirror notification alerts from WhatsApp Messenger:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications > scroll down to the list of apps > turn on the button next to WhatsApp Messenger.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2017 4:16 PM in response to Micikz

Hi

How notifications behave depends on the status of your devices and your settings. With Wrist Detection enabled, in order to bring notifications to your attention as soon as possible:

• If your iPhone is unlocked, you will receive notifications on your iPhone instead of on your watch.
  • If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch screen is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notifications on your watch.
  • If your watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, notifications will go to your iPhone.
  • More information: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If notifications are not being delivered to your Apple Watch as expected, then it may help to follow these steps:

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Install any available update for WhatsApp Messenger:

• On your iPhone, open the App Store app > Updates (tab).

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp Messenger:

• Check that Allow Notifications is enabled.
  • Check that Show in Notification Centre is enabled.
  • Check that Show on Lock Screen is enabled.
  • If desired, also enable Sounds and Badge App Icon.

With those settings enabled, to configure your Apple Watch to mirror notification alerts from WhatsApp Messenger:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Notifications > scroll down to the list of apps > turn on the button next to WhatsApp Messenger.

I cant get whatsapp notifications on my apple watch seires 1 42mm only when the watch is on while when the watch is locked no whatsapp notifications appear In any ways this notification already appears on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.