Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First name contains an invalid character

I want change the religon of my apple id,but it said “ First name contains an invalid character” and I can't continue.

Posted on May 16, 2017 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2017 1:49 PM

I have the same problem and contact apple support group today. Finally I resolve this problem. This is the way how I resolve it. First I go to my Apple ID account with appleid.apple.com and change my name in English in account section. Then click "done". After that I back to App Store and sigh out from my account then sign in again. Put all the information in English and put address first line with your street and second line with your unit (if your address has two lines). Then it will do not show the error message again. Hope this can help you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2017 1:49 PM in response to Cyril Zhang

I have the same problem and contact apple support group today. Finally I resolve this problem. This is the way how I resolve it. First I go to my Apple ID account with appleid.apple.com and change my name in English in account section. Then click "done". After that I back to App Store and sigh out from my account then sign in again. Put all the information in English and put address first line with your street and second line with your unit (if your address has two lines). Then it will do not show the error message again. Hope this can help you.

May 22, 2017 3:00 AM in response to Cyril Zhang

I think this is a bug with beta? Are you guys all on beta as well? Thanks for this post the solution worked for me as well. I don't know if it's either due to the fact we're using non-english names associated with the account, or if you guys are on beta as well. Either way the solution worked for me as well.

Steps:

• Go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign in
  • Change your name to something else just temporarily.
  • Go back to your device and sign out of the apple account.
  • Sign back into the apple account, and then re-enter the payment details and correct your name.
  • The account should work normally then! Thanks for the OP for clearing this up!

First name contains an invalid character

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.