Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erased MacBook drive and now -1007F error?

I'm selling my MacBook, I restarted to Disk Utility and erased the drive and was going to reinstall MacOS but now I just getting a spinning globe on a grey screen that ends with the apple.com/support url and "-1007F" after it. Help?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 16, 2017 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2017 1:34 PM

I would assume, then, that it is not finding an active Wi-Fi connection. Try the following:

1. Restart the computer.
  2. At the chime press and hold down the COMMAND-OPTION-P-R keys, simultaneously. When you hear the chime again keep holding down the same keys until you hear the chime twice more.
  3. Release the keys.
  4. If the computer does not default to the Internet Recovery mode, then restart the computer holding down the COMMAND-OPTION-R keys.

Do you have access to another computer from which you could try creating a bootable USB flash drive? How far away is the closest Apple shop?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2017 1:34 PM in response to Garrett Bryant

I would assume, then, that it is not finding an active Wi-Fi connection. Try the following:

1. Restart the computer.
  2. At the chime press and hold down the COMMAND-OPTION-P-R keys, simultaneously. When you hear the chime again keep holding down the same keys until you hear the chime twice more.
  3. Release the keys.
  4. If the computer does not default to the Internet Recovery mode, then restart the computer holding down the COMMAND-OPTION-R keys.

Do you have access to another computer from which you could try creating a bootable USB flash drive? How far away is the closest Apple shop?

May 17, 2017 12:58 PM in response to Kappy

There's no ethernet port since it is a MacBook Air.

When I restart holding Command-Option-R and get the grey screen with a Globe it soon shows the error triangle with an exclamation mark over it and the -1007F error underneath. I see no Disk Utility or Utility Menu, no menu at all or any options. I have wifi, but I don't know how to get it to join it at this point?

May 16, 2017 8:29 PM in response to Garrett Bryant

Did the computer come with a set of DVDs? If not then it can be restored over the Internet.

Install Lion Through Yosemiteon a New HDD/SDD

1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the Command-Option-R keys until a globe appears. Wait patiently - 5-15 minutes - until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility from the Utility Menu and click on the Continue button.
  3. After Disk Utility loads select the drive (usually, this is the out-dented entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the side list. Click on the Erase tab in Disk Utility’s main window. A drop-down panel will appear.
  4. Set the partition scheme to GUID then click. Set the Format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the OK button and wait for the process to finish. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  5. Select Install OS X from the Utility Menu and click on the Continue button.

May 16, 2017 2:25 PM in response to Garrett Bryant

Your model does not support Netinstall. You must start by installing either the version of OS X that came with the installer DVDs when the computer was purchased or the last version of Snow Leopard that would run on your computer. I have no idea which you can or should use because you did not provide information on the exact model you have. You refer to it as a MacBook, but your profile shows MacBook Air. We need to know exactly what model you have: To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities' folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right.

May 17, 2017 12:53 PM in response to Kappy

It did not come with DVDs, there is no DVD drive. There is also not an ethernet port since it is a MacBook Air.

When I restart holding Command-Option-R and get the grey screen with a Globe it soon shows the error triangle with an exclamation mark over it and the -1007F error underneath. I see no Disk Utility or Utility Menu, no menu at all or any options. I have wifi, but I don't know how to get it to join it at this point?

Erased MacBook drive and now -1007F error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.