Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a proxy server to my cellular connection?

I just set up a personal proxy server that will compress traffic going through it so I can save on data. I know you can add an HTTP proxy to wifi connections by choosing "manual" in the connection's settings, but I can't figure out how to do it for a cellular connection. How would I do this? Is it even possible on iPhone? I use Verizon Wireless if that's relevant. Thanks!

iPhone SE, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on May 17, 2017 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2017 7:01 AM

No cellular carrier accommodates that to my knowledge. The connection settings for your device are set on the phone itself and it connects directly to the cellular service provider's network. No personal or private internet server of any kind is going to be able to connect to any cell service providers cellular data network, so cannot sit between your handset and the network. Unlike the internet, cell service providers do have complete control over whom and what connects to their cellular data network.

P.S. if this is actually a business proxy for hosted mobile content, then yes, you could hook it up to a cellular service data network with a business account with the carrier. There are some enterprise level business features offered by larger carriers at least (AT&T, Verizon) to allow their corporate clients to connect mission critical mobile data servers and systems directly to the cellular network.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2017 7:01 AM in response to Nawor3565two

No cellular carrier accommodates that to my knowledge. The connection settings for your device are set on the phone itself and it connects directly to the cellular service provider's network. No personal or private internet server of any kind is going to be able to connect to any cell service providers cellular data network, so cannot sit between your handset and the network. Unlike the internet, cell service providers do have complete control over whom and what connects to their cellular data network.

P.S. if this is actually a business proxy for hosted mobile content, then yes, you could hook it up to a cellular service data network with a business account with the carrier. There are some enterprise level business features offered by larger carriers at least (AT&T, Verizon) to allow their corporate clients to connect mission critical mobile data servers and systems directly to the cellular network.

How do I add a proxy server to my cellular connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.