Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Address edits will not save in my contacts

When I try to delete an old address from a contact and add a new address it will not save. Even when I just try to add a new address it will not save.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on May 17, 2017 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2017 9:30 AM

Hello

It sounds like you are editing a different group of contacts

iOS devices like an iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches allows us to access and view Contacts from many sources

iCloud

Email(s) like Gmail and other supported accounts

Social Media like Face Book, Twitter ...

Outlook

Other apps.

CardDAV accounts

and just the iOS device

The way to get them back is to find out where they came from.

Note ((Every-One)) says the iPhone, but that's where you organized and viewed them from.

Even if you type them in on the device they can still be saved to any of the above accounts.

1 Make sure your are signed into all of your accounts

iCloud, Email(s), Social Media, Outlook ....

Make sure all of the accounts have contacts turned on.

2 Make sure you are looking at all the contact groups.

Contacts > Groups ( in the upper Left)

Best of Luck

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2017 9:30 AM in response to angelicafromlittleton

Hello

It sounds like you are editing a different group of contacts

iOS devices like an iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches allows us to access and view Contacts from many sources

iCloud

Email(s) like Gmail and other supported accounts

Social Media like Face Book, Twitter ...

Outlook

Other apps.

CardDAV accounts

and just the iOS device

The way to get them back is to find out where they came from.

Note ((Every-One)) says the iPhone, but that's where you organized and viewed them from.

Even if you type them in on the device they can still be saved to any of the above accounts.

1 Make sure your are signed into all of your accounts

iCloud, Email(s), Social Media, Outlook ....

Make sure all of the accounts have contacts turned on.

2 Make sure you are looking at all the contact groups.

Contacts > Groups ( in the upper Left)

Best of Luck

Jul 2, 2017 2:36 PM in response to angelicafromlittleton

It sounds like your issue might be similar to mine. If it is then the provided answer doesn't help.

When I try to edit an existing contact, I enter the info (example a new title or phone number) and press SAVE.

The new info is not saved. Sometimes I have to try more than twice before all the info I am trying to save gets saved. If I am changing more than one item, sometimes it will save one item and not the second. Sometimes it will save two of four items. The behavior seems completely random. If I can't get this solved, I will abandon Contacts. It is too frustrating. BTW, all my software is up to date and I am using a Late 2013 MacBook Pro.

Address edits will not save in my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.