Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

block texts but not calls

Can anyone tell me if I am going to be able to block text messages from a contact but allow phone calls from the same contact?

Possibly block text calls from 8pm to 8am so they don't wake me up but receive calls if there is an emergency?

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 18, 2017 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2017 9:16 AM

If you wish to only block text during that time period, I would use Do Not Disturb. You can set it for that time period and it will block everything. If the contact is in your Favorites, you can set Do Not Disturb to allow calls through from that specific contact during that time period, as well as other contacts. There have been some changes to how Do Not Disturb operates now, and also allows for individual emergency pass through for individual contacts. See this Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support for basic Do Not Disturb information, and this for emergency individuals in the iPhone User Guide. http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/#/iph3dd60e1f

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2017 9:16 AM in response to tcquestion

If you wish to only block text during that time period, I would use Do Not Disturb. You can set it for that time period and it will block everything. If the contact is in your Favorites, you can set Do Not Disturb to allow calls through from that specific contact during that time period, as well as other contacts. There have been some changes to how Do Not Disturb operates now, and also allows for individual emergency pass through for individual contacts. See this Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support for basic Do Not Disturb information, and this for emergency individuals in the iPhone User Guide. http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/#/iph3dd60e1f

block texts but not calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.