Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6s has an update available iOS 10.2.1. everytine intry yo update, i get an error ststing my phone is not connectedvto thd internet bug it isconnected to wifi. what do I need to do?

User uploaded file

Posted on May 18, 2017 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2017 2:12 PM

Did you just download that? Because 10.3 something is hte most current iOS and I think that applies to iPhone too.

Go into settings, general, storage and iCloud usage, manage storage and see if the update is there. If it is, delete it (make sure you're on wifi) and then check for software updates again.

If that is a old update, it's no longer signed so won't verify.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2017 2:12 PM in response to Brendab0318

Did you just download that? Because 10.3 something is hte most current iOS and I think that applies to iPhone too.

Go into settings, general, storage and iCloud usage, manage storage and see if the update is there. If it is, delete it (make sure you're on wifi) and then check for software updates again.

If that is a old update, it's no longer signed so won't verify.

May 18, 2017 2:16 PM in response to Brendab0318

Skydiver119 is correct. That is an old iOS notification. You need to get rid of that to do the latest one, iOS 10.3.2. Go into Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Storage>Manage Storage, and find the iOS update for 10.2.1 and delete it. The power the phone off and back on again. After that, go to Settings>General>Software Update and it should recognize the latest update.

EDIT: I guess I read Skydiver119's post too fast and didn't realize what they said. They provided all the pertinent information for you to continue.

my iphone 6s has an update available iOS 10.2.1. everytine intry yo update, i get an error ststing my phone is not connectedvto thd internet bug it isconnected to wifi. what do I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.