Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification failed??

I keep trying to verify my iCloud account on my iPod, but it keeps saying verification failed or that it can't connect to icloud. I know it's the right password because I just used it on my phone and it was fine. But then my iPod will also send me a verification code to put into my "other device" which I assumed was my phone. But nothing showed up on my phone. And my phone also got a verification code for my iPod but nothing showed up for that either and I'm very frustrated.

Posted on May 18, 2017 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2017 7:48 PM

I was super frustrated too! I did several things all at once that were mentioned in different posts...

• I was already signed out of my account
  • Changed Date & Time (in Settings > General) to 24-Hour Time
  • Turned off Wi-Fi
  • Restarted the device

Amazingly it worked! We'll see how long it lasts...good luck to you!

10 replies

Sep 26, 2017 4:58 PM in response to jdbush05

I have been at this for 2 hours with multiple attempts. I even tried to sign in as a new iPhone, still did not work. The phone I am using I use for business and personal. Like I said in previous 'Reply' this is not the first time this has happened, I am familiar with the resetting process with iPhones and devices. Here's what it is telling me:

After I enter my @icloud.com/@gmail.com - email (have tried both)

-"It may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID" - (10 minutes)

-"Verification Denied" (I click OK)

-"Updating icloud settings..." (6 seconds)

Back to Apple ID and Password screen.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Oct 17, 2017 7:07 AM in response to bunchofpopes

Hmmm I can't try this because I cannot sign out of iCloud. I use my account on 2 Macs, 2 iPads and another iPhone without issue. Today I signed into iCloud.com and even signed onto this forum using my AppleConnect ID so I know my password is correct.

When I go into settings I cannot open the iCloud settings but no verified devices show and I cannot get into Names, Phone Numbers, Emails etc. When I try to sign out I get an error stating "Verification Failed: There was an error connecting to iCloud". It will give me three attempts at this then offers to reset my password...which I don't want to do.

Any suggestions here? I want to erase the phone but I cannot do that while Find My iPhone is enabled so I need to resolve this 🙂

Thanks!

Verification failed??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.