Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted Messages Icon

I accidentally deleted the Messages icon. How can I get it back? I know that I can still search and find the message app and use it but I would like the icon back.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on May 18, 2017 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2017 8:16 PM

You cannot delete the Messages app, so you need to locate it on your Home screen. When you do the search, do you see just the Messages app name, or do you see a name to the right of the Messages name? If you see another name, that means that Messages got accidentally combined with another app into a folder:

User uploaded file

If you do see a folder name, then go from Home screen to Home screen until you find it. Then open the folder, lightly touch the icon and hold until it starts wiggling, then drag it out of the folder.

If you do not see a folder name, you can reset your Home screen and that will put all of the apps back in their original order: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.

Best of luck,

GB

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2017 8:16 PM in response to Marianne Afifi

You cannot delete the Messages app, so you need to locate it on your Home screen. When you do the search, do you see just the Messages app name, or do you see a name to the right of the Messages name? If you see another name, that means that Messages got accidentally combined with another app into a folder:

User uploaded file

If you do see a folder name, then go from Home screen to Home screen until you find it. Then open the folder, lightly touch the icon and hold until it starts wiggling, then drag it out of the folder.

If you do not see a folder name, you can reset your Home screen and that will put all of the apps back in their original order: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.

Best of luck,

GB

Accidentally deleted Messages Icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.