Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play All Music from a Single Artist

How can I get apple music to play all music from a single artist, not just the music in my library but everything it has for just the one artist?

Is there a way to do that with Siri? I tell Siri on iphone "play tom petty" and the few tracks that I have in my library are played, but nothing else. In fact not all of them are played, just the ones labled Tom Petty, not the ones labled Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Siri ought to be smarter than that).

Would the same thing work from my Apple Watch.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 19, 2017 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2017 11:58 AM

Unfortunately no. You would have to add all the songs/albums from that artist to your library and then shuffle from there. If you tell Apple Music to shuffle "The Beatles" it will just shuffle the "best of" that is shown at the top of the artists page on AM.

2 replies

May 19, 2017 12:11 PM in response to swandy

I marked your answer helpful because it will keep me from trying things that won't work.

As an aside it seems incomprehensible that Apple would give you access to this giant trove of music and then not let you access it fully with Siri or any other way than than by adding the songs to your library. I'm wondering at the value of Siri integration if all it can manipulate is access to songs in the library.

But I'll move along with another question:

In a user created radio station, if I select dislike for a particular song, should I expect not to hear that song again? I am using multiple devices (iPad, MacBook Pro, iPhone), are the dislikes specific to devices, must I dislike a song on all devices? The songs I have disliked seem not to go away. I would also think that after consistently disliking a particular artist's songs (perhaps 10 or 15 times) that artist would also disappear. This also does not appear to be happening.

Play All Music from a Single Artist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.