Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touchbar exception thrown in several applications causing them to crash

I have a MacBook Pro 2016 with Touchbar

Specs:

CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Harddrive: 512 GB Solid State

I keep getting this error in applications and it has caused several crashes. Often the application has to be running about 5-10 minutes before getting the error. But after getting the error it seems to occur more frequently. I believe it has something to do with the touchbar. I have tried to read the error message because I do not understand what exactly is going wrong.

R is one of the application I use which does not crash when the error occurs. One of the applications I use for school crashes because of the issue and it has become a huge nuisance.

Can someone tell me what is going wrong here and (more importantly) how to fix it?

Thanks!

IMKInputSession presentFunctionRowItemTextInputViewWithEndpoint:completionHandler: : [self textInputContext]=0x6000000ac1e0 *NO* NSRemoteViewController to client, NSError=Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection from pid 0 was invalidated from this process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection from pid 0 was invalidated from this process.}, com.apple.inputmethod.EmojiFunctionRowItem

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on May 19, 2017 10:18 PM

5 replies

Dec 31, 2017 10:42 PM in response to dan_kirshner

If it is a problem on the latest version of macOS submit a bug report to https://bugreport.apple.com/web/ .

Capture a sysdiagnose right after the bug occurs. Instructions on how to capture a sysdiagnose.

Briefly press

Command + Option + Shift+ Control + Period (.)

and wait around 10 minutes and a finder will popup with your sysdiagnose it can also be found at “/private/var/tmp/“

Aug 21, 2017 2:03 AM in response to larryp13

Here is mine:

java[63855:675388] IMKInputSession presentFunctionRowItemTextInputViewWithEndpoint:completionHandler: : [self textInputContext]=0x7f9a816b97f0 *NO* NSRemoteViewController to client, NSError=Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection from pid 0 was invalidated from this process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection from pid 0 was invalidated from this process.}, com.apple.inputmethod.EmojiFunctionRowItem

As there are no answers from Apple since May (it's August now), they don't care!?

Sep 30, 2017 6:19 PM in response to larryp13

I am facing the same problem, and this is sooooo annoying! And my Mac is 2017:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2,8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP143.0160.B02

My iterm catch up this error:

IMKInputSession presentFunctionRowItemTextInputViewWithEndpoint:completionHandler: : [self textInputContext]=0x7f8dd7766470 *NO* NSRemoteViewController to client, NSError=Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection from pid 0 was invalidated from this process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection from pid 0 was invalidated from this process.}, com.apple.inputmethod.EmojiFunctionRowItem

Touchbar exception thrown in several applications causing them to crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.