Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore my iPhone to an earlier date so I can restore my deleted pictures and videos?

My iPhone got stolen by some kids after I have dropped it near the bus station, I was lucky enough to get it back by using iPhone finder. The moment I received my iPhone back they have deleted everything my phone had stored up which means pictures, videos, apps. And I had an app called Photo Vault where I stored my most important pictures there as well, sadly everything was gone along with pictures of my twins when they were born.

I was wondering if there is anyway I can get them back to safety, I have not used any backups or iCloud. Is there a way to restore the iPhone back to an earlier date like Windows "System restore"? I really need some help, these are all important files for me, but I do not know what to do.

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on May 20, 2017 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2017 6:33 PM

If they were not backed up through iTunes to your computer or to iCloud, they are gone for good. There is no way to restore the phone to an earlier date. You are learning the importance of back-ups the hard way.

6 replies

May 20, 2017 6:37 PM in response to zackster emil

If you have never backed up your device to iCloud or iTunes, then there is nothing to restore to. A Windows "System Restore" uses backups to do the restore.

You can open iTunes on the computer you sync with, then click on iTunes in the top menu bar, then Preferences>Devices, and if you have any backups there you will see them listed for your device.

If you have a Mac, or if you have a PC and have installed the iCloud control panel, you can see if you have an iCloud backup. On a Mac, you would go to >System Preferences>iCloud>Manage Storage to see if you have any backups. Not exactly sure where you see them on a Windows iCloud Control Panel, however.

You can also log into iCloud.com on a computer, then click on Settings to see if any of your iCloud Storage is being used for backups. If yours is the only iOS device using that iCloud account, then the backups would be yours.

Since your device is erased anyway, you can also erase it again and when you are setting it up, once you sign into your iCloud account, you will be asked if you want to restore it from a backup. Click Restore from Backup, and if any backups are available, they will be listed. To erase the device go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings. Once you see the Hello screen, follow the prompts to set up the device.

Best of luck,

GB

How can I restore my iPhone to an earlier date so I can restore my deleted pictures and videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.