Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wireless keyboard not working at login

I have a iMac 2015. My mac was in sleep mode, and I came back this morning to login. But the wireless keyboard is not working. Wireless mouse works fine. I cannot type in password at login. I changed the batteries. It has power and the caps lock light stays on when I press it which I believe means it has a connection to computer. I have no other keyboard so no way to login and troubleshoot. I did have the same problem last week and it seemed to fix it self after several on/off power to keyboard and long presses of power button to try and reset it. This time thought nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Posted on May 20, 2017 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2017 6:00 PM

What OS version are you using?

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Try a SMC reset. The article covers when this is required, but doing this will not affect anything.

Reset SMC

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2017 6:00 PM in response to Iasonos

What OS version are you using?

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Try a SMC reset. The article covers when this is required, but doing this will not affect anything.

Reset SMC

wireless keyboard not working at login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.