Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes will not sort artists alphabetically

I prefer to view my music by artist alphabetically. For some reason my Itunes refuses to sort my music alphabetically by artist. I do not have this problem by song title. This is what I have done to try to fix this:

- Upgrade to the most recent version of itunes

- Select the song and chose "info" then deleted the artists name and retyped it.

Despite this, my artists are still randomly sorted (although the vast majority are sorted correctly). User uploaded file

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It makes it very difficult to find all of my music.

Posted on May 21, 2017 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2017 7:15 PM

I was able to figure out the problem using your advice.....a sincere thank you. This is what I did:

- right click in the heading using your advice

- Added "Sort Artist" as a heading

- When I lloked at the mis-sorted songs, the artist listed under this heading was completely wrong. For example, Chris Issak was listed as the artist for "Wicked Game" but under the Sort Artist heading, the artist was listed as "The

Animals" ( a great band, by the way....thanks Eric Burdon).

- To fix: Right click on the song, select "Get Info" then go to the "Sorting" Heading.

- Select the "Sort As" drop down then type in the correct name for the artist. Viola' Fixed!

Still don't know why all of my music decided to re-sort itself. Thanks again!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2017 7:15 PM in response to turingtest2

I was able to figure out the problem using your advice.....a sincere thank you. This is what I did:

- right click in the heading using your advice

- Added "Sort Artist" as a heading

- When I lloked at the mis-sorted songs, the artist listed under this heading was completely wrong. For example, Chris Issak was listed as the artist for "Wicked Game" but under the Sort Artist heading, the artist was listed as "The

Animals" ( a great band, by the way....thanks Eric Burdon).

- To fix: Right click on the song, select "Get Info" then go to the "Sorting" Heading.

- Select the "Sort As" drop down then type in the correct name for the artist. Viola' Fixed!

Still don't know why all of my music decided to re-sort itself. Thanks again!

ITunes will not sort artists alphabetically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.