Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my iPhone start beeping like a smoke alarm

I was using an app called iFunny and watching videos then all the sudden an alarm goes off I'm thinking it's the smoke detector but I got in the hall it's bat even on I go back to my phone and it was beeping for a good 5 min i come here to sign in and it shows me that someone in Huston is trying to long in my account so I changed my password and logged out all my other apple devices i would like to know what's going on

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Posted on May 21, 2017 9:26 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2017 7:53 AM in response to Yaeelita13

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Yaeelita13,

If I'm understanding your post right, your iPhone randomly started making a beeping noise, and you were also notified that someone other than yourself tried to sign into your Apple ID account. I can certainly understand your concern, and I'm happy to help you out with this.

If someone was successful in signing into your Apple ID, it's possible that the sound you heard from your iPhone was because it was initiated from iCloud. You can view more about this here: iCloud: Play a sound on your device . You definitely did the right thing by changing your Apple ID password. Next, I recommend following the steps in If you think your Apple ID has been compromised , specifically this section:

How can I gain control of my Apple ID?

If you think your Apple ID was compromised, use the steps below to gain control of it and review your account information:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page. If you can't sign in or you receive a message that the account is locked when you try to sign in, go to iforgot.apple.com. Then try to reset or unlock your account. If you still can't sign in, contact Apple Support.
  2. Change your Apple ID password, and choose a strong password.
  3. Review all the personal and security information in your account. Update any information that isn't correct or that you don’t recognize, including:
  4. Check with your email address provider to make sure that you control every email address associated with your Apple ID. If you don't control the email addresses associated with the Apple ID, you should change the password for the email address or use a different email address.
  5. Set up two-step verification or two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. These additional security features are designed to prevent anyone from accessing your account, even if they know your password.

If you completed the steps above and think your account might still be compromised, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Why did my iPhone start beeping like a smoke alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.