Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change a photo to 200x240 pixels

Hi I have a head shot that won't up load to a website because it is too big.

Needs to be 200 wide X 240 high

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 22, 2017 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2017 11:59 PM

If the photo is in your Photos Library, you can use a custom size when exporting the photo from Photos:

• First crop the photo in Photos to the aspect ratio of 10 to 12.
  • Then use File > Export > Export .. photo.
  • In the Export panel select a custom size like this:

User uploaded file

8 replies

May 23, 2017 8:17 AM in response to BSPBSP

Before you export the photo as léonie described you should crop the image to an aspect ration of 240:200 or 1.2:1. Then export with the max dimension at 240 pixels.

Otherwise the export might crop out part of the image you don't want copped out. This is more likely with photos that have more than just a head shot in it.

User uploaded file

May 23, 2017 9:36 AM in response to léonie

Had an iPad but never used it for posting or sending emails. Can't handle the screen keyboard. Have to have a regular keyboard. Hate trying to send messages or emails with my iPhone. Among other issues is my fingers are too fat for the keys on the iPhone and I get too many errors and then really back auto spelling corrections. Gets embarrassing sometimes. 😟

How do I change a photo to 200x240 pixels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.