Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to open downloaded pdf files with Acrobat reader DC. Envisage expert help

Product - MacBook Air mac os Sierra 10.12.5 with

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Unable to open downloaded pdf files thru DC reader ...Please help...appreciate help...

Error as (remains same though updated adobe )

Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF

viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by

visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark

of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other

countries.

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.5), null

Posted on May 22, 2017 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2017 10:37 PM

Hi,

If you must use Reader, instead of Preview as mentioned, click once on the .pdf file > go to File menu > click on Get Info > go down to Open With > select Reader > click on Change All.

If Preview is OK, use the same method I just described to make it the default .pdf reader.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2017 10:37 PM in response to alwaysvin

Hi,

If you must use Reader, instead of Preview as mentioned, click once on the .pdf file > go to File menu > click on Get Info > go down to Open With > select Reader > click on Change All.

If Preview is OK, use the same method I just described to make it the default .pdf reader.

I'm unable to open downloaded pdf files with Acrobat reader DC. Envisage expert help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.