Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this phone

why i cant sign in in icloud

it shows "the maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this phone" error

iPhone SE, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on May 22, 2017 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2017 6:34 AM

That's not an error. It's a message that is informing you that you have exceeded the maximum number of free iCloud accounts that you can have on any one device. I believe that the limit is three per device. If you set up other free iCloud accounts or if your phone is second hand and others set up free iCloud accounts on it, there is nothing that you can do about it on that phone. Apple limits it to each specific device.

You can create another iCloud account on another iOS device or on a Mac and then use that account on the phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2017 6:34 AM in response to hemant Sarang Latkar

That's not an error. It's a message that is informing you that you have exceeded the maximum number of free iCloud accounts that you can have on any one device. I believe that the limit is three per device. If you set up other free iCloud accounts or if your phone is second hand and others set up free iCloud accounts on it, there is nothing that you can do about it on that phone. Apple limits it to each specific device.

You can create another iCloud account on another iOS device or on a Mac and then use that account on the phone.

the maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.