You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I activate the voicemail in iphone 5?

I want to activate the voicemail in my iphone 5 but i don't see an option in the Settings. I want to set it up in case I get a call and I'm not able to answer it right away, at least the caller can leave a message. Also, when I click the Phone icon, then choose voicemail, the Voicemail option is not clickable. It seems to be greyed out. 😕

iPhone 5

Posted on May 22, 2017 3:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2017 3:35 PM

Shofee wrote:

I want to activate the voicemail in my iphone 5 but i don't see an option in the Settings. I want to set it up in case I get a call and I'm not able to answer it right away, at least the caller can leave a message. Also, when I click the Phone icon, then choose voicemail, the Voicemail option is not clickable. It seems to be greyed out. 😕

That is a carrier feature, so contact your phone carrier.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2017 3:35 PM in response to Shofee

Shofee wrote:

That is a carrier feature, so contact your phone carrier.

How do I activate the voicemail in iphone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.