Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CAMERA ICON DISAPPEARED AFTER UPDATE

After a routine update, camera icon disappeared. Following some online instructions, went to settings/general/restrictions. But wanted a Restrictions password I never elected to set (Ipad never leaves home).

I guessed at several anyway and am now warned about the number of failed password attempts. Nothing on my ipad is too important to risk losing but am concerned a reset will bring me back to the same request for a Restrictions Password.

Would appreciate some wisdom. Thanks

Posted on May 22, 2017 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2017 8:43 PM

If you're sure you never set Restrictions, then don't try any more.

The Camera app can't be deleted, so it's still on your iPad. If it's not hidden via Restrictions, look for it carefully on all home screens and, especially, inside folders. You can also use Spotlight to search for it by name.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2017 8:43 PM in response to blackbuket

If you're sure you never set Restrictions, then don't try any more.

The Camera app can't be deleted, so it's still on your iPad. If it's not hidden via Restrictions, look for it carefully on all home screens and, especially, inside folders. You can also use Spotlight to search for it by name.

CAMERA ICON DISAPPEARED AFTER UPDATE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.