Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook App on IPad Pro 12.9 looks huge

I'm using a 12 inch iPad Pro with all software up to date. My Facebook app looks like its for the iPhone, being stretched and enlarged to fit the iPad screen. I tried deleting and reinstalling it. I don't use Facebook often so I don't remember if it always looked this way but sometimes I suspect that when I download something on another device it auto downloads on my iPad and I end up getting an iPhone version (if that's even possible).

I can't imagine there isn't an iPad Pro version of Facebook, or any app really. But I've found this to actually be rather common. The App Store is extremely disappointing in this regard.

Any ideas?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.2, 12.9 inch

Posted on May 23, 2017 4:40 PM

9 replies

May 23, 2017 7:10 PM in response to Marc Reinecker

I have the large iPad Pro, but I am NOT a FB user.

I downloaded the FB app and the Login Splash screen looked pretty sharp to me, though.

It maybe designed for the more common 9.7 inch iPad screen size models.

If this was an iPhone app, in one of the lower corners there would be a white size dot that you can tap on that says inside of the dot "1X" or "2X".

Jun 17, 2017 8:25 AM in response to Marc Reinecker

+1 on this issue. I had the same thought -- it looks like a scaled-up iPhone app, even though it's definitely listed in the App Store as the iPad version. No way I can see to scale the text back down, either -- the FB iOS app is supposed to respect the device's Dynamic Text settings but it doesn't. Bottom line: This is one ugly app on the 12.9 iPad.

Jun 26, 2017 4:55 AM in response to MichelPM

It is what is, folks!

If you're not happy with the FaceBook app for iPad, contact the FaceBook app developers, about the issue.

This is structly a FaceBook developer issue and NOT Apple's!

All of you should write/send feedback to FaceBook!

Posting complaints here you will NOT get any of you any solutions, updates or fixes!

Contact FaceBook about the state of their iPad app.

No one in these technical communities can help with this!

Good Luck Everyone!

Facebook App on IPad Pro 12.9 looks huge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.