Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Apple Watch using iPad

Can I use apple watch using iPad

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on May 24, 2017 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2017 4:13 AM

IMHO this is a terrible oversight to not include Apple Watch compatibility in the iPad.

My use case: I travel a lot, often visiting new cities. I don't have iPhone - I don't like smartphones, they are too small and inconvenient. Since I nearly always carry a bag or a backpack, I continue using my traditional cell phone (one of these 'unbreakable' ones, where you recharge the battery once a week), while using a tablet for mobile internet (currently the latest iPad Pro 10.5 - a really impressive device). I would like to have the map/navigation with easily accessible map (think Apple Watch) to guide me - and there seems to be no solution for me in the Apple world 😟

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2017 4:13 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IMHO this is a terrible oversight to not include Apple Watch compatibility in the iPad.

My use case: I travel a lot, often visiting new cities. I don't have iPhone - I don't like smartphones, they are too small and inconvenient. Since I nearly always carry a bag or a backpack, I continue using my traditional cell phone (one of these 'unbreakable' ones, where you recharge the battery once a week), while using a tablet for mobile internet (currently the latest iPad Pro 10.5 - a really impressive device). I would like to have the map/navigation with easily accessible map (think Apple Watch) to guide me - and there seems to be no solution for me in the Apple world 😟

May 24, 2017 6:20 PM in response to evois

The only apps that you can use with the Apple Watch are those that are native to the watch, or others that are on the phone that provide for Apple Watch app support. It is part of the specifications for the Apple Watch documentation that it requires an iPhone 5 or above. If you did not have an iPhone to support it, you should not have purchased it.

May 24, 2017 7:12 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Like I said from the previous post I have two 256 GB each iPhone 7 plus and a 64 GB iPhone 6 but would like to know if the Apple Watch 2 did work in the new iPad 9.7 126GB wifi + cellular. I didn't need it to work on my iPhone since I don't find any utility to it except for my son who might have good use for it in schoolwork.

Can I use Apple Watch using iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.