Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how an i make my ipad update IOS 10?

my ipads update is at 9.3.5 and I want to get the new update. Then I reset it and it said check update on the 19th of may. but there was no update... Can anyone help me?

😐😐

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5, i need help!

Posted on May 24, 2017 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2017 5:38 PM

I suspect your device is not compatible. See below.

User uploaded file

3 replies

May 24, 2017 5:54 PM in response to stedman1

The iPad 2, 3 and 1st generation iPad Mini are all ineligible and excluded from upgrading to iOS 10.

They all share similar hardware architectures and a less powerful 1.0 Ghz CPU that Apple has deemed insufficiently powerful enough to even run the basic, barebones features of iOS 10.

Why would you want to upgrade, anyways?

Since iOS 8, older iPad models such as the iPad 2, 3 and 4 have only been getting the most basic of iOS features.

Older iPad users get none of the newest and coolest cutting edge features that newer model iDevices, with better hardware specs, can handle with more aplomb.

FYI,

Just because your older iPad is no longer able to upgrade to the latest iOS doesn't mean your older iPad is suddenly useless.

Your older iPad will work as it always has and the apps you have installed on it will continue to update and receive some level of app updates relevent to your current iOS.

You have had four or five years of iOS upgrades and updates.

Your older iPad model will still do everything it does now and you will, get, at least, the rest of this year, and, possibly,perhaps, next year, if you decide you want to wait longer to get a new or newer iPad model.

Your older model iPad is NOT, suddenly, becoming obsolete or useless.

So, your options are really keep using your older iPad or purchase a new iPad if you feel you need or want to.

Your current iPad 2 will still work and continue to receive app updates until late Fall 2017 when the introduction of iOS 11 will end ALL support for older, 32 bit iDevices and older 32 bit iOS applications.

Ypur older model iPad will STILL work and function as it always has.

It just won't be receiving any more app updates when this happens.

Good Luck to You!

how an i make my ipad update IOS 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.