Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some letters in keyboard not working HELP

Hi please help me. Some keys on my keyboard not working like letters q and p and number button. When I press delete sometimes letter m will appear. I was able to enter letters not working if screen rotated however other keys near the border of my phone won't work either. Please help huhu I'm using iPhone 5c ios 10.3.2

Posted on May 25, 2017 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2017 7:38 AM

Hello thanks for the suggestion it was a help but it wasn't able to fix the problem. I have tried updating my phone but it didn't fixed either. I have tried clearing the cache and hard reset or letting the phone restart itself but it didn't get fixed. Do you think the problem is on the hardware? I've tried using different keyboard but it's still the same. The problem started more or less an hour after I've changed my apple ID. I've tried using my old account again but the problem is still the same help again

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2017 7:38 AM in response to sterling r

Hello thanks for the suggestion it was a help but it wasn't able to fix the problem. I have tried updating my phone but it didn't fixed either. I have tried clearing the cache and hard reset or letting the phone restart itself but it didn't get fixed. Do you think the problem is on the hardware? I've tried using different keyboard but it's still the same. The problem started more or less an hour after I've changed my apple ID. I've tried using my old account again but the problem is still the same help again

May 27, 2017 7:31 AM in response to Darthjoay

Hello Darthjoay,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are having issues with the touchscreen on your iPhone. To help resolve this issue, please follow each of these steps on your issue:

Make sure that your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart it, you can force restart your device.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch

Cheers!

Some letters in keyboard not working HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.