Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook IOS Not Syncing Calendar/Contacts

Hi all,

I have found a problem with the Outlook IOS app.

When setting up an iCloud account on the Outlook IOS app the mail sync's fine however the calendar items and contacts do not sync correctly.

I have setup two factor authentication on the iPhone, setup the "Application Specific Password" and used it to setup the Outlook IOS App successfully.

Once the iCloud account is setup in the App the email syncs no problem however something very strange happens.

I have tested this on two separate iPhones, one iPad and two separate copies of Outlook (On Windows 10 PC's) with two different iCloud accounts so it appears to be an application problem rather than a device OR iCloud account problem.

Creating a Calendar item on the Outlook IOS app sends the calendar item to the iCloud account calendar which can be viewed via iCloud.com OR via another device accessing the account.

However if the calendar item is modified on icloud.com or deleted from icloud.com the calendar item in the Outlook IOS app is not modified or deleted.

If a calendar item is created via icloud.com it is also not synced with the Outlook IOS app.

So it appears that the IOS app can send the calendar creation/change to the iCloud account however it cannot receive any changes.

I have tried resetting the iCloud account on the IOS Outlook app, I have switched off Two Factor Authentication and re-enabled it and I have also created a new iCloud account and started everything from scratch with an alternate device which also showed the same problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on May 25, 2017 10:28 PM

There are no replies.

Outlook IOS Not Syncing Calendar/Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.