Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using the iPod AM FM radio with Bluetooth headphones

The iPod nano requires a wired headphone as an antennae to receive the AM/FM radio signal. Has anyone figured out how to use a bluetooth/wireless headphone and still receive the AM/FM radio signal. It would be nice if apple would allow an old headphone wire to be attached as the antennae and still use the wireless headphones? Is there a workaround for this?

iPod nano

Posted on May 26, 2017 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2017 10:58 AM

I do not have an ipod nano to hand, but try plugging in your headphones then connecting the bluetooth ones. You should be able to listen to music, by choosing the bluetooth headphones from the audio output icon (airplay, is it called?). Anyway, try looking for the 'airplay' icon in the radio app. Sorry for the lack of detail-I put my ipod nano through the wasing machine! Hope this helps:)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2017 10:58 AM in response to BlakeOV

I do not have an ipod nano to hand, but try plugging in your headphones then connecting the bluetooth ones. You should be able to listen to music, by choosing the bluetooth headphones from the audio output icon (airplay, is it called?). Anyway, try looking for the 'airplay' icon in the radio app. Sorry for the lack of detail-I put my ipod nano through the wasing machine! Hope this helps:)

Using the iPod AM FM radio with Bluetooth headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.