Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is #images not working?

For the past two days any search for images to add to my iMessage has resulted in "no images found" even with a simple search such as good morning. Is there a problem with #images?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on May 27, 2017 3:37 PM

12 replies

May 30, 2017 10:27 PM in response to Dizzeeblonde

Yep I'm having same problem in iPhone 7 plus updated 10.3.2 I called apple support he didn't have a clue

Even asked a mate who had iPhone he was confused the donut I had to send him images to explain ,I thought I was going mad until I checked my daughters iPhone 6s and it wasn't working

Anyway I downloaded giphy for now which works fine from the store

May 30, 2017 10:40 PM in response to Pb1905

I got some advice and have still to follow up. It was to backup, restore through iTunes (connect to my laptop) as a new phone not from a back up and see if that works and #images is back. I asked though - if I do that I will lose all my saved stuff photos, apps etc. So even if I have #images on the phone I have none of the things I want much more!! Also I asked the phone will prompt me to update to 10.3.2 again and surely I'll be back to the same problem?? The answer was that's a very good question if it does that after update it would have to be referred to our engineers and another update would probably come out but it will take a while. I will give it a go when I have time for all that backup and restoring but for now I'm just sticking with what I have, my own saved stuff and no #images. I know lots of people who can't access #images and it's across various models from iPhone 5 upwards. I asked if it was a UK thing and they said maybe because #images is a third party site but I didn't get a firm answer on what the problem is. I have a contact to pursue further once I've done the restore as new and then from backup it's just finding time to do it right now.

Why is #images not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.