Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to edit payment information on the Apple ID account management page

Hello,

I am unable to edit my payment information on the Apple ID account management page:

https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage

I am trying to replace my credit card information since my previous card was stolen.

Here are my steps:

1. Click "Edit Payment Information..." in the Payment & Shipping section of the page. This expands to open the input fields for entering Payment Method, Billing Address, etc.

2. Input my credit card number, expiration date, and security code for my new credit card.

3. Click the Save button in the right-hand margin. The Cancel and Save buttons briefly change to "Saving..." and then revert back to Cancel and Save. My credit card information is still entered in the input fields, and there is otherwise no indication of any error.

The issue is that if I navigate back to my account management page, such as by logging out and logging back in, then my credit card information does not appear to be saved as my old credit card number is shown. I have tried this several times--logging in and editing my credit card--but it does not appear to save my new credit card information as my old credit card is always shown when I go back and check.

I am trying this on macOS Sierra 10.12.5 with Safari 10.1.1, and I also have tried with Google Chrome.

Thank you!

macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on May 28, 2017 2:16 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2017 7:36 PM in response to Ziranthium

Yes, that worked. I updated my payment info in iTunes directly with the menu item Account > View My Account... Now, when I login via Safari, it shows my new credit card.

I signed into this account first via System Preferences > iCloud and then opened iTunes on my Mac. iTunes notified me that I had not yet used this Apple ID with iTunes yet, but I just had to click Next, which took me to my account management in iTunes to edit my payment info. I then logged in with Safari to confirm the change. I've had this Apple ID a few years--perhaps the issue has to due with various iCloud or iTunes updates and now needing to do some sort of initialization prior to allowing payment info to be edited on the account management page?

Thanks for the help!

Unable to edit payment information on the Apple ID account management page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.