Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will apple replace a new phone or a refurbished phone for my brand new iphone 7 plus product red.

Have a issue hearing my voice in my new iphone 7 plus. I have given it to icare service in india. They said it will be replaced and got an update that they going to replace my phone. The doubt i have here is . Will i get a new phone or a refurbished phone which they say it's equivalent to new one.

Posted on May 28, 2017 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2017 11:25 PM

Hi, Its not fair from the apple end if I get a refurbished phone..For using a refurbished phone i could have bought a refurbished one than a new one..At the end if I get a refurbished one means am absolutely not satisfied. Hardly i used my phone for a week.

7 replies

May 29, 2017 1:50 AM in response to venkateshfromvellore district

"I could have bought a refurbished one" No, Apple isn't selling any refurbished iPhone 7s.

https://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/iphone

I have had my phone replaced twice with refurbished ones. (The first was the iPhone 5 sleep button problem. Mine failed before he repair program, so was replaced instead of repaired. The second had battery problems after 3 Years. They had difficulty repairing it, so replaced it.)

The only way I know they were refurbished is because the model code (Settings > General > About > Model) begins with "N". The refurbished phones were better than the ones I turned in. There were no scratches, scuffs, fingerprints, etc. In fact the replacements were better than the original because the original iPhone 5 did not support the AWS 3G bands, so would not work with Wind (Canada) or T-Mobile (USA).

When Apple refurbishes a phone, the battery and any damaged parts are replaced, and the phone gets thorough inspections and tests.

May 29, 2017 5:27 AM in response to venkateshfromvellore district

venkateshfromvellore district wrote:

Hi, Its not fair from the apple end if I get a refurbished phone..For using a refurbished phone i could have bought a refurbished one than a new one..At the end if I get a refurbished one means am absolutely not satisfied. Hardly i used my phone for a week.

Of course it's fair as it is exactly what Apple promised under the terms of your warranty. Read the terms of the warranty for the product you purchased. If you did not like or agree with those warranty terms, you should not have bought the device. Nothing in the warranty guarantees you a retail new product (or part) in exchange for your used product (or part).

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

Oct 13, 2017 3:22 AM in response to Michael Black

My friend, tell me how many times have you ever read the offer documents carefully before purchase. Do you really think that one would be able to read even a line when a salesman would stand on his head to buy a product let alone go through the warranty details. Moreover when one is spending a bomb on something as simple as a phone, the last thing that would come to his mind is replacement. Whatever the legal turnarounds be, apple should clearly put it out in words that "No phone replaced is a new phone". The premium charged is not limited to just quality but also the feel of having something new. One would always feel delighted to have something new over something which is at the top of its game but old.

Oct 13, 2017 3:26 AM in response to Michael Black

My friend, tell me how many times have you ever read the offer documents carefully before purchase. Do you really think that one would be able to read even a line when a salesman would stand on his head to buy a product let alone go through the warranty details. Moreover when one is spending a bomb on something as simple as a phone, the last thing that would come to his mind is replacement. Whatever the legal turnarounds be, apple should clearly put it out in words that "No phone replaced is a new phone". The premium charged is not limited to just quality but also the feel of having something new. One would always feel delighted to have something new over something which is at the top of its game but old.

Oct 13, 2017 3:52 AM in response to sourabh_karmakar

Actually when spending sizable sums of my own money, I do indeed read things like warranty coverage and terms. I want to know beforehand what my recourse will be if the item develops problems. That just seems a very common sense thing to do before purchasing something.

And companies that replace peoples used devices with retail new units rarely last very long. That is simply not a viable business model. And everyone uses factory refurbished units for service replacement units - Google, Amazon, Samsung, Dell, Lenovo, etc, etc, etc. I do not know of a single consumer electronics company who’s warranty promises or guarantees a retail new unit in exchange for a customers used device. Warranties routinely simply promise a properly functioning device in exchange for your used and malfunctioning device.

Will apple replace a new phone or a refurbished phone for my brand new iphone 7 plus product red.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.