Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 4037

When I try to update my iPhone 7 Plus through iTunes on my iMac, I get this message -- There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone. An unknown error occurred (4037).

I'm running Sierra 10.12.3 on my iMac and iTunes 12.6.1 (the latest version). Does anyone know what this error means? Do I need to update Sierra first? Thanks.

Posted on May 29, 2017 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2017 8:02 AM

Hello, see this supportive article to figure out If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

7 replies

Jun 16, 2017 6:09 AM in response to SmKS85

I haven't tried it since May. Apple Support article was no help. I haven't updated my computer yet but I doubt that will fix the problem. After I update iMac, I'll give it another try. Or I will just try to update directly from iPhone. I'm squeamish about updating my iMac right now because that is working fine. I have a late 2014 27 inch 5K iMac. I wish I knew what that error really means.

Thanks for any help from anyone.

Error 4037

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.