Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad showing only a fraction of my movies

My iPad is showing about 1/4 of my movies. I see the entire list on my iPhone and iTunes.

I've tried signing in and out of iTunes Store -- same account all devices.

If I search for a movie I own I can download it for free even when it doesn't show in my library.

One clue: Traditionally we buy SD movies. Perhaps the iPad is only showing me HD movies that I've purchased?

Any ideas?

Posted on May 29, 2017 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2017 6:53 PM

Solved. The UI could use some work.

The “something that is broken” thing is the user interface. Apple Twitter support pointed me in the right direction. From the blog post:

When I view Movies in TV.app on my iPad there’s a subtle top left drop down called “Library” that on tap shows a hidden filter that defaults to Recently Added.

When I change that to Movies I see them all.

I was fooled by the "See All" link to the right of "Purchased Movies" that displays when the hidden Recently Added filter is active. The “Purchased Movies” heading should really be “Recently Purchased Movies” when viewed in this mode. It shows 4 recently purchased movies, and “See All” shows all recently purchased movies.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2017 6:53 PM in response to jfaughnan

Solved. The UI could use some work.

The “something that is broken” thing is the user interface. Apple Twitter support pointed me in the right direction. From the blog post:

When I view Movies in TV.app on my iPad there’s a subtle top left drop down called “Library” that on tap shows a hidden filter that defaults to Recently Added.

When I change that to Movies I see them all.

I was fooled by the "See All" link to the right of "Purchased Movies" that displays when the hidden Recently Added filter is active. The “Purchased Movies” heading should really be “Recently Purchased Movies” when viewed in this mode. It shows 4 recently purchased movies, and “See All” shows all recently purchased movies.

iPad showing only a fraction of my movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.