Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing process taking loads of cpu on startup

I am using 15 inch MACBook Pro running on MACOS 10.10.5

On booting the MAC, fans start running at max speed. Checking the CPU temperature it shows it at around 100 degree celsius. Checking the activity monitor as to what is executing i find that sharingd process takes a lot of cpu, it goes upwards of 260 odd percentage during this period. I have disabled file sharing(based on the assumption that sharingd deals with sharing). However the problem did not resolve. I also repaired the disk permissions, reset SMC but to no avail.

Can someone tell me what to do for this issue, is the fan issue related to sharingd or something else.

Thanks,

-Manan

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on May 29, 2017 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2017 8:25 PM

The issue is resolved, i did the following

• Disabled Airdrop using the command defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser DisableAirDrop -bool YES
  • Disabled Remote Disk using the command sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.NetworkBrowser EnableODiskBrowsing -bool false

I did the above to make sure sharingd had nothing much to do, however it still did not resolve the issue. Then i logged out of my iCloud account and things went normal.

I have not reenabled Airdrop, Remote Disk nor logged in to my iCloud Account as of now, will update on the status once i get some more time to investigate. However for the time being the issue is resolved by logging out of the iCloud account.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2017 8:25 PM in response to MananJ

The issue is resolved, i did the following

• Disabled Airdrop using the command defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser DisableAirDrop -bool YES
  • Disabled Remote Disk using the command sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.NetworkBrowser EnableODiskBrowsing -bool false

I did the above to make sure sharingd had nothing much to do, however it still did not resolve the issue. Then i logged out of my iCloud account and things went normal.

I have not reenabled Airdrop, Remote Disk nor logged in to my iCloud Account as of now, will update on the status once i get some more time to investigate. However for the time being the issue is resolved by logging out of the iCloud account.

sharing process taking loads of cpu on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.