Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a PC running Windows 10 read an iBook created in iBook Author?

I have family members who are interested in a couple of books that I have written in iBook Author. Never uploaded or sold. They all have PCs running Windows 10. Would they be able to install my iBooks on their PCs and read them?

Mac mini, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on May 30, 2017 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2017 6:14 AM

See if this is of any help:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-read-ibooks-on-windows

Note: I found that article by using the search parameters "ibooks for windows". If that article doesn't help, there are lots more.

Best of luck.

3 replies

May 30, 2017 6:14 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Your answer is helpful! However none of us have an iPhone. The iBooks were created on my Mac mini and would have to be opened on DeskTop PCs. The article you referred me to seems to be unaware that iBook Author and Reader are both also Mac Desktop Apps. But if the download from the iPhone to the PC will work, would the PC be able to accept the book as an attachment to an email and then be able to use it? Thanks so much for your help!🙂

May 30, 2017 8:30 AM in response to johnbear1952

johnbear1952 wrote:

would the PC be able to accept the book as an attachment to an email and then be able to use it? T🙂

If you wrote your books using one of the .epub templates in iBooks Author, there should be no problem reading them on a PC with any of the various Windows epub reader apps.

But if you used the other templates, which produce books in the .ibooks format, it won't be possible, as this format can only be read on Apple's ibooks app, which they have not yet produced a version of for other platforms.

Can a PC running Windows 10 read an iBook created in iBook Author?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.