Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you re-attach an audio clip to the video clip in iMovie 10.1.6

I am editing a video from a camcorder and have need to shift the audio to match the video. I have detached the audio portion from the video and shifted it to make the visual track match the audible track. Now I want to reattach the audio so that I can continue editing the video and audio stream together as one clip rather than working with them as two separate clips. Thank you. MikeB

iMovie 10, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on May 30, 2017 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2017 2:30 PM

The only way to reattach the audio to the video, placed as you have done, is to share it out.

So, create a new project and put your video with the detached audio into it. Place the audio where you want it. Then share it out and import the shared out file back into your original project. Sharing it out will merge the audio and video back together into one clip.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2017 2:30 PM in response to VelmaABoland

The only way to reattach the audio to the video, placed as you have done, is to share it out.

So, create a new project and put your video with the detached audio into it. Place the audio where you want it. Then share it out and import the shared out file back into your original project. Sharing it out will merge the audio and video back together into one clip.

-- Rich

How do you re-attach an audio clip to the video clip in iMovie 10.1.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.