Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete all text messages from Apple Watch when they are deleted from my iPhone?

I want my watch and iPhone paired so that text messages can be deleted via the iPhone and watch simultaneously.

Apple Watch Series 2(Alum) 42mm (2nd Gen), iOS 10.3.2

Posted on May 30, 2017 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2017 1:20 AM

Hi

Message deletion is not synced across Apple Watch and iPhone (and there is no way to enable this).

Messages instead need to be deleted separately on each device.

The Mirror my iPhone setting for Apple Watch determines only how you are notified about new messages. If you choose Custom, for example, you can decide whether your watch shows alerts, whether sound and/or haptic alerts are provided and whether (including how many times) alerts are repeated when new messages are received.

To delete a Messages conversation on your Apple Watch:

• Open the Messages app on your watch:
    • When viewing the time, go to the Home screen (by pressing once on the Digital Crown) > tap on the Messages app icon.
    • Or use Siri (eg "hey Siri, open Messages").
  • When viewing the conversation list, swipe left on the conversation that you wish to delete > tap Delete / Trash.

If you would like to send a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2017 1:20 AM in response to LadyBC

Hi

Message deletion is not synced across Apple Watch and iPhone (and there is no way to enable this).

Messages instead need to be deleted separately on each device.

The Mirror my iPhone setting for Apple Watch determines only how you are notified about new messages. If you choose Custom, for example, you can decide whether your watch shows alerts, whether sound and/or haptic alerts are provided and whether (including how many times) alerts are repeated when new messages are received.

To delete a Messages conversation on your Apple Watch:

• Open the Messages app on your watch:
    • When viewing the time, go to the Home screen (by pressing once on the Digital Crown) > tap on the Messages app icon.
    • Or use Siri (eg "hey Siri, open Messages").
  • When viewing the conversation list, swipe left on the conversation that you wish to delete > tap Delete / Trash.

If you would like to send a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

Jan 25, 2018 7:27 PM in response to Jonathan UK

Why would we want to do double the work? It isn't the easiest process to delete texts on your watch and some texts stay unread if you read them on your phone. This is a silly feature and should most definitely be an option. If I delete something from my phone, text or email wise, it should delete on my watch. Currently, I have to go through and read texts on both my watch and my phone and its 2017...I mean come on.

Oct 2, 2017 5:39 PM in response to KKromer

KKromer wrote:

I don’t understand why this is not on Apple’s radar. Deleting texts on the Apple Watch is the most frustrating thing about it.

Be sure to submit your feedback to Apple via the link in my previous reply.

I'm afraid that no-one here can tell you anything about Apple's unannounced plans for Apple Watch features (this is a user-based technical support community).

Jan 8, 2018 5:18 AM in response to KRaser1

KRaser1 wrote:

I couldn’t agree more. I hate that texts react differently than emails and can’t understand the reasoning. It’s so annoying.

If you're using an IMAP server for your email, the server is the one true source and everything else is kept in sync with that. If you happen to be using POP3, you'd see the same thing as you're seeing with messages. There is no one true source.

How to delete all text messages from Apple Watch when they are deleted from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.