Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1 Gen apple watch will not charge or turn on. Tried all the hard reset advice nothing.

Apple watch 1 gen will not charge or turn on. Tried 2 other chargers that work with no luck. The watch is 18 months old and I am assuming the battery is totally dead. It set for about 3 or 4 days without being worn. I have tried all the reset options that were suggested with nothing. I guess I will have the battery replaced unless there is something else.

<Re-Titled by Host>

Apple Watch

Posted on May 31, 2017 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2017 12:41 AM

Hi

Follow the instructions here, including contacting Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider if necessary:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

4 replies

Nov 11, 2017 1:17 PM in response to ichakelz

I am in the same boat, except I was told $249 dollars for a "service fee" which is the replacement cost. This is after being told I could at least get a quote first and decide from there, and after being hung up on by a rep, and then finally being told I can not get a quote even though he was reading the chat where the lady told me I could get a quote once I was able to get find my device turned off. Terrible customer service and product support considering the issue was later fixed which means they know it existed. I am still browsing forums hoping to find a solution but it is not looking good, were you ever able to get yours to work?

1 Gen apple watch will not charge or turn on. Tried all the hard reset advice nothing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.