Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

old icloud email address keeps popping up, how do I get rid of it? I cant access that account any more to reset passwords.

How do I get rid of, or cancel out an old apple iCloud drive email address. It is not the Apple ID. Any suggestions? It keeps popping up and I have to cancel it out all the time. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Posted on Jun 1, 2017 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2017 10:49 PM

You're correct. If you cannot reset the password for that old account to update the apps, then you will need to remove them and redownload them with your new account. Purchases are further linked to the Apple ID that made them, they CANNOT be transferred to a different Apple ID.

7 replies

Jun 1, 2017 3:37 PM in response to fgrantsmith

Hi. Even though you may have lost the email address, the Apple ID still exists. And if you set the iPad up using it, then it owns the iPad forever. You can change the email address that you use as the "name" of your Apple ID. See this link: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support.

As you're probably figured out, it can get really messy if different apps on your device belong to different Apple IDs. But you should be able to login to the app store using the old Apple ID and update the apps. The login is on the lower left of the app Store Featured page. Be sure to switch back to your normal Apple ID before leaving.

old icloud email address keeps popping up, how do I get rid of it? I cant access that account any more to reset passwords.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.