📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE variations.

I bought an iPhone SE A1662 MQ4W2LL/A. According to the Apple website the A1662 works on Verizon.

I went to the Verizon store. They could not get it to activate. It keeps looping back to the Hello screen when the SIM card is in. They tried new SIM cards, reset, activate with iTunes. They eventually told me that not all of the A1662 work on Verizon! They couldn't tell me which ones do.

I want an official answer if A1662 MQ4W2LL/A will work on Verizon or if this new phone is just broken.

Posted on Jun 1, 2017 5:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2017 10:26 PM

According to this it should be able to activate on Verizon just fine.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/#iphone-se

User uploaded file

Also check out this support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201407

8 replies

Jun 2, 2017 7:52 AM in response to KiltedTim

I wouldn't think a list of particular submodels that are compatible with Verizon would be a secret. Surely someone has a link to an official list.

I don't know. Maybe no one knows. If you go the very bottom of this Apple page: https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/#iphone-se there is super tiny print at the bottom that says even though the carrier is on the list for that model it may not actually be compatible. Seems deceptive and would seem to discourage buying the device directly from Apple, when you don't have the assurance that it will actually work with the carrier.

Jun 2, 2017 6:46 AM in response to panchososa694

That's the chart I looked at when I made the decision to buy the A1662.

I found this on everymac (these are all A1662):

Apple Order No: MLLX2LL/A* Apple Subfamily: iPhone SE

Details: *MLLX2LL/A refers to the silver model with 16 GB of storage, unlocked and SIM free. Silver with 64 GB of storage, unlocked, and SIM free is MLME2LL/A. Space Gray, unlocked, and SIM free, with 16 GB and 64 GB of storage are MLLW2LL/A, and MLMD2LL/A. Gold, unlocked, and SIM free, with 16 GB and 64 GB of storage are MLY12LL/A, and MLY32LL/A. Rose gold, unlocked, and SIM free, with 16 GB and 64 GB of storage are MLY22LL/A, and MLY42LL/A.
Original configurations sold for AT&T, with 16 GB or 64 GB of storage, whether paid in full or on an "AT&T Next" monthly payment plan, have order numbers MLLM2LL/A and MLM52LL/A in silver, MLLL2LL/A and MLM42LL/A in Space Gray, MLXH2LL/A and MLXK2LL/A in gold, and MLXJ2LL/A and MLXL2LL/A in Rose gold.
Original configurations sold for T-Mobile, with 16 GB or 64 GB of storage, paid in full and contract free, are MLLV2LL/A and MLMC2LL/A in silver, MLLU2LL/A and MLMA2LL/A in Space Gray, MLXW2LL/A and MLXY2LL/A in gold, and MLXX2LL/A and MLY02LL/A in Rose gold.
Original configurations sold for Verizon, with 16 GB or 64 GB of storage, whether paid in full or on a two-year contract, are MLM02LL/A and MLMG2LL/A in silver, MLLY2LL/A and MLMF2LL/A in Space Gray, MLY52LL/A and MLY72LL/A in gold, and MLY62LL/A and MLY82LL/A in Rose Gold.
Configurations upgraded on March 21, 2017, with 32 GB and 128 GB of storage, are MP7U2LL/A and MP7Y2LL/A, respectively, in silver, unlocked, and SIM free. The same models in Space Gray, Gold, and Rose Gold are MP7T2LL/A and MP7X2LL/A; MP7V2LL/A and MP802LL/A; and MP7W2LL/A and MP812LL/A, respectively.
The 32 GB and 128 GB configurations sold on AT&T in silver are MP8C2LL/A and MP942LL/A; in Space Gray are MP8A2LL/A and MP932LL/A; in Gold are MP8D2LL/A and MP952LL/A; and in Rose Gold are MP8E2LL/A and MP962LL/A.
The 32 GB and 128 GB configurations sold on T-Mobile in Silver are MP8G2LL/A and MP982LL/A; in Space Gray are MP8F2LL/A and MP972LL/A; in Gold are MP8H2LL/A and MP992LL/A; and in Rose Gold are MP8J2LL/A and MP9A2LL/A.
Finally, the 32 GB and 128 GB configurations sold on Verizon in silver are MP8L2LL/A and MP9D2LL/A; in Space Gray are MP8K2LL/A and MP9C2LL/A; in Gold are MP8M2LL/A and MP9E2LL/A; and in Rose Gold are MP8N2LL/A and MP9F2LL/A.

apparently even within the A1662 there are carrier specific models. All of the antenna bands are the same. I wonder if there are certain ID numbers that won't work on Verizon or if they are just lying to me.

Jun 2, 2017 7:20 AM in response to johnsonjp34

johnsonjp34 wrote:

I want an official answer if A1662 MQ4W2LL/A will work on Verizon or if this new phone is just broken.

I would think someone on the internet would know if that particular submodel is compatible.

So which do you want? An official answer or the opinion of "someone on the internet"? All you're going to get here is the latter.

iPhone SE variations.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.