Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server 5.2 hanging on install at "Preparing Wiki service".

I'm on Mac OS X 10.12.1.

The App Store downloaded Server 5.2

My user is admin.

I've downloaded Server twice and second time have performed

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Server.app

sudo chmod -R g+rx,o+rx /Applications/Server.app

Launch Server, enter my info, every time, it hangs at "Preparing Wiki service" and never times out.

/Library/Logs/ServerSetup_WikiServer.log reports the last operation as

Jun 2 14:55:03.042 WikiServer<7fb8bacda310> Running 'collabd_database_loader --mode start'

And that's it.

Haven't been able to find anything that might direct me to a solution for this. Any ideas?

Why is setting up OS X Server always so **** bad? This should not waste hours of a developer's day.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Alex Zavatone.

Mac Pro, iOS 10.2.1, 2 Mac Pros with 8 and 12 cores.

Posted on Jun 2, 2017 1:09 PM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2017 4:35 PM in response to Alex Zavatone

Updated to latest Mac OS and latest Server.

Same issue. It won't pass "Preparing Wiki service" on installation.

Logs reveal a postgress error in xpg_ctl here

Jun 2 16:58:34.123 WikiServer<7fbc88fc6120> Running 'collabd_preflight'

Jun 2 16:58:34.970 WikiServer<7fbc88fc6120> 'collabd_preflight' succeeded [846.506000 ms]

Jun 2 16:58:34.970 WikiServer<7fbc88fc6120> Running 'collabd_database_loader --mode start'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/bin/xpg_ctl", line 2618, in <module>

os._exit(exitCode[0])

TypeError: an integer is required

createuser: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

Is the server running locally and accepting

connections on Unix domain socket "/Library/Server/Wiki/PostgresSocket/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

createdb: could not connect to database template1: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

Is the server running locally and accepting

connections on Unix domain socket "/Library/Server/Wiki/PostgresSocket/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Jul 9, 2017 2:12 PM in response to Alex Zavatone

I would suggest the obvious: update to the latest Mac OS (12.10.5 as of this writing, July 9, 2017). Make sure you have the latest server software release as well. I think there were some documented issues. It took me twice too to get everything working. Separately with Mac OS Server, I'm frustrated as well since it's often difficult to find basic configuration information or easily, it seems, change it.

Good luck.

Server 5.2 hanging on install at "Preparing Wiki service".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.