Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iTunes on the cloud?

Simple question (I'm new to iOS devices): How do I get my iTunes on to the cloud?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 3, 2017 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2017 12:06 PM

iTunes purchases are already in the cloud and can be accessed and downloaded from any of your devices.

If you have items in your library that you didn't purchase from iTunes there are two ways you can share the library through the cloud to all your other devices.

The first is by subscribing to Apple music and enabling iCloud Music Library, this method requires a monthly subscription but also gives you unlimited access to all music in Apple's library while you are subscribed.

The second method is to subscribe to iTunes Match, which only provides the ability to keep your library in the cloud but is considerably cheaper and only requires an annual subscription.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2017 12:06 PM in response to Earful

iTunes purchases are already in the cloud and can be accessed and downloaded from any of your devices.

If you have items in your library that you didn't purchase from iTunes there are two ways you can share the library through the cloud to all your other devices.

The first is by subscribing to Apple music and enabling iCloud Music Library, this method requires a monthly subscription but also gives you unlimited access to all music in Apple's library while you are subscribed.

The second method is to subscribe to iTunes Match, which only provides the ability to keep your library in the cloud but is considerably cheaper and only requires an annual subscription.

How do I get iTunes on the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.