Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I blocked? Contact sent a 'question'

I replied to an iMessage. It sent as text message.

He then 'questioned' his last message

I then 'questioned' mine. And sent another message. Again sent as text message not I message. So green not blue.

However my 'question mark' is blue but the message green.

What is going on?!!!

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 3, 2017 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2017 12:11 PM

The question mark being blue means that you sent it, and it would appear that it went as an iMessage. For iMessage to be successful, both parties have to be using iOS devices, and both devices have to have an active connection to the internet. It isn't unusual for connections to temporarily fail. If the message was sent as a text, it would appear the connection to one or both of you had a problem. This has no indication of you being blocked. If you were blocked, the receiver would not get your message at all.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2017 12:11 PM in response to StormyNorma

The question mark being blue means that you sent it, and it would appear that it went as an iMessage. For iMessage to be successful, both parties have to be using iOS devices, and both devices have to have an active connection to the internet. It isn't unusual for connections to temporarily fail. If the message was sent as a text, it would appear the connection to one or both of you had a problem. This has no indication of you being blocked. If you were blocked, the receiver would not get your message at all.

Am I blocked? Contact sent a 'question'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.