Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to show Imovies on tv

I have made some movies using IMovie and want to stream them (wirelessly if possible) to my tv. I think I can use the Apple TV for that or possibly the Chromecast Ultra. However I don't know how to get them from my IMac (Sierra 10.12.5) to my Ipad. I can put them into Dropbox so they are actually on my Ipad, but I don't think I can just mirror whatever is on my Ipad screen onto the tv. I think I read that I can view my IMovies theater through the Apple tv, but I don't know how to get my IMovies into Icloud. (When I go to ICloud settings, there is an option to have my Photo Library in ICloud, but I certainly don't want all my photos there.)

Any help will be appreciated very much.

Mary Ross

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 3, 2017 12:44 PM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2017 9:21 AM in response to Morriehr

Hello Morriehr,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want to AirPlay movies from your iPad to the Apple TV. Yes, you can use iMovie Theater to view it on other devices or use iCloud Drive and download it to an iOS device. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.

Use AirPlay or AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you have an iCloud account set up, you can import a video clip or an iMovie project from iCloud Drive.​

iMovie for iOS (iPad): Import from iTunes or iCloud

View a movie or trailer on another device

After you send movies and trailers to the Theater, you can view them on your other devices.

• On another Mac: Open iMovie and click the Theater button in the toolbar.

• On iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch: Download iMovie for iOS from the App Store, open it, and tap Theater at the top of your screen. For more information, see iMovie Help for iPad and iMovie Help for iPhone.

• On Apple TV: Choose iMovie Theater from the main menu.

iMovie for Mac: Use iMovie Theater with iCloud
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

How to show Imovies on tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.