Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant send messages to one person

My sister has a galaxy express prime I believe and I have a iPhone 6s and I get her messages but she doesn't get mine but we can both call each on the phone just fine... I need help!!

Posted on Jun 3, 2017 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2017 9:11 AM

Hi there, Monita95.
After reviewing your post, it appears you're unable to send a text message to just one of your contacts. You're using an iPhone and she's using Galaxy Express Prime, but she can send text messages to yours and you'd like to be able to respond back. I'm happy to help.
If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Generally, this issue happens when there's incorrect information in the contact card. You can also check that the Messages application has been set up correctly as well.

Try these steps first

1. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS.
  2. If you have an iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), check for a carrier settings update.
  3. Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need to have a cellular network connection. If you have Wi-Fi Calling turned on, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi. Contact your carrier for more information.
  4. Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  5. If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, contact your carrier.
  6. Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the recipient.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2017 9:11 AM in response to Monita95

Hi there, Monita95.
After reviewing your post, it appears you're unable to send a text message to just one of your contacts. You're using an iPhone and she's using Galaxy Express Prime, but she can send text messages to yours and you'd like to be able to respond back. I'm happy to help.
If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Generally, this issue happens when there's incorrect information in the contact card. You can also check that the Messages application has been set up correctly as well.

Try these steps first

1. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS.
  2. If you have an iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), check for a carrier settings update.
  3. Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need to have a cellular network connection. If you have Wi-Fi Calling turned on, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi. Contact your carrier for more information.
  4. Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  5. If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, contact your carrier.
  6. Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the recipient.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

i cant send messages to one person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.