Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't activate my new iPhone help

Hi all I recently purchased this new iPhone 7 Plus from a MetroPCS authorized dealer in NYC and upon returning home to Buffalo New York where I reside I took it out of the packaging and proceeded to activate it I put my metro PCS sim card on it and activated my Apple ID and the phone would not activate so I proceeded to call MetroPCS customer service they told me even though I purchased the phone from a MetroPCS authorized dealer that the Phone could still be locked through Apple so as of right now Apple support is closed but I need my phone active ASAP so any tips or help on activating my new phone would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance. -Moe247.mm

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jun 3, 2017 9:25 PM

6 replies

Jun 3, 2017 9:32 PM in response to Moe247.mm

Apple does not lock iPhone. The carrier who provides service for the iPhone is one who locks it. They are the only one who can release the lock. You must get in touch with them.

Personally I find it very questionable for an authorized MicroPCS dealer to sell an iPhone that is lock to another carrier. I would take it back to the dealer and demand that they return my money for a fraudulent deal.

Jun 3, 2017 9:44 PM in response to Allan Eckert

(Thanks 4 the reply) so I pretty much said the same thing to MetroPCS customer service but they said being that a lot of MetroPCS authorized dealers are privately owned they also have the eligibility to purchase iPhones directly from Apple opposed to just purchasing through MetroPCSwhich they said when they do so sometimes the phones are still locked by Apple until purchased and you can contact Apple and simply give them your information and get it released which they said is most likely the case with my situation but they are currently clbut I'd like my phone to be activated now

Can't activate my new iPhone help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.